The pool maintenance costs can vary depending on the type of pool you have installed and the products and tools you use to clean it.
Typically, the regular cost of a monthly pool maintenance service for a inground pools is $90 per month.
The cheapest price is not necessarily the best offer.
An important issue to take into account is that pools in bad condition end up having a higher initial maintenance cost than those that were kept in good condition. This is because a special treatment (chemical shock) must be applied to restore the health of the pool.
Howerer, when looking for the best price for pool maintenance, there are several things you can do to make sure you have chosen the best pool cleaning company.
Tips to make sure it’s a good pool maintenance company
- Check that it is a certified company: many unprofessional companies operate without a pool license. They also hire unlicensed personnel who are not trained to take care of your pool.
- Ask what the service includes: there are companies that do not include certain tasks within the regular pool service, which directly influences the costs of pool maintenance because they charge separately for each of these tasks.
Many companies do not include the cost of chemicals in their service, but charge for them additionally.
- Check the service areas: many companies claim to cover the entire state to obtain contracts with customers in distant areas, however it can cause problems for pool owners because these companies tend to default on these services due to the very remoteness of these areas.
- Check the company’s references: no company is perfect, they all have good and bad comments, however with the references you will be able to realize if the company is what it says it is, if it really exists, and its treatment with the clients. Urban Pool Services Reviews
The national average price to maintain a swimming pool is $232 per one-time cleaning. Most homeowners spend between $121 and $372 for their first cleaning. See the chart below to find prices for regular cleanings and other maintenance projects.
Due to the knowledge we must have about chlorine, calcium hardness and cyanuric acid, and how these components behave with the Water; as well as alkalinity and pH levels we agree that hiring a cleaning pool company is the best option to keep your pool in stellar shape.
In Broward County, the average costs are 226 $ per month.
Other important factors to consider when calculating pool maintenance costs:
When you have your pool maintained by a cleaning pool company, the pool maintenance cost will be lower
Improperly balanced pool water contributes to pool problems in future years that could have been avoided. It is easy to become a casualty of these problems simply due to over /under shooting when adding chemicals to your pool as a homeowner.
A professional cleaning pool company by comparison will utilize the most safe and effective products when cleaning your pool. Since we are performing 55-65 pool cleanings per week we use new reagents on a regular basis.
Save a lot of time when hire a pool maintenance company
In Fort Lauderdale most residential swimming pools take a professional around 30 minutes to 1 hour each week for a full cleaning that includes vacuuming the floor of the pool. Multiply this weekly time by 4.33 weeks in a month (there are 4 and 1/3 weeks average each month) and this adds up to between 2.12 to 4.3 hours per month for a professional to clean the pool.
Tips for thinking about Pool Maintenance Costs:
- Most pool owners who hire a professional pool company to take care of their pool do so on a weekly or monthly service contract.
- If a pool technician is coming to your house on a weekly basis, more than likely you’re paying for a standard monthly pool cleaning.
- Swimming pools with pool covers are typically cheaper to maintain than pools than do not because they are better protected against bugs, dirt, and debris.
A standard pool maintenance typically includes:
- Cleaning and changing filter cartridges or media
- Water levels (leak detection)
- Maintaining proper chemicals (chlorine, pH, CYA, muriatic acid)
- Shocking the pool
- Opening and closing pool (depending on where you’re located)
You will get the best price and value for pool cleaning in South Florida at Urban Pool Services. We offer professional, periodic pool cleaning services and the best technological system that allows the pool owner to access their account and verify the photos of the work done, as well as the technical notes and the values of water chemicals.
Our Broward County Pool Cleaning Company is exactly who you need on your side to deal with the many issues that can plague your pool. Get now a Free Estimate