There’s nothing like enjoying a day outdoors in the pool with our family and friends. The little ones love to be in the pool for hours at a time, and that’s precisely why it’s necessary to think about safety measures and avoid any kind of accidents that could spoil the fun.
It is essential to take all the necessary precautions to keep our loved ones safe. Probably more than once you must have wondered if your pool is safe enough. The following pool safety tips will help you know if you are doing the right thing to ensure the safety of the whole family in your pool.
Make sure you have proper equipment
Do you already have a fence or fence that prevents access to the little ones when you’re not around? Does your pool have coverage? Have you checked your pool drain lately?
- Invest in a sturdy, good quality pool cover that you can use when not using the pool.
- Consider installing an automatic lockable fence around the pool. Be sure to choose materials that are not easy to scale.
- Check the draining and suction covers of the pool. If they are broken or lost, repair them; avoid entering your pool until they have been repaired. This is extremely important because faulty drains can cause someone to get caught by accident.
- Keep floating devices close by; that they can be easily accessed in case of an emergency
- Always have a first aid kit and scissors on hand in case you need to cut the hair or clothing of someone who has become trapped.
Make sure your pool is covered
When you’re done enjoying the pool, remember to remove toys and floating toys so that children don’t try to reach them. It also covers the pool and closes the fence. If you have a swimming pool that protrudes from the ground, don’t forget to remove the steps or ladder to prevent someone from climbing up when no one is monitoring.
Never leave children alone in the pool
Swimming pools can be dangerous, especially for children. That’s why you should never leave children unattended when they are in the pool area. Avoid any distractions and stay close.
Keep your pool clean
Dirty water in the pool easily generates bacteria and germs that can cause illness. Do your best to keep your pool and water clean, this will help minimize the possibility of getting diseases. Consider frequently disinfecting your pool using chlorine and check the water to make sure you are maintaining the correct pH level.
5. Contact Us, it’s easy!
At Urban Pool Services we are ready to guide you and answer your questions regarding pool maintenance and safety.
Request your estimate online for pool service fort lauderdale, It’s Free!
Following these safety tips can help you and your loved ones enjoy the pool with peace of mind.